Thursday 9 April 2015

The Notebook


I'm going old school right now and reading this classic published back in 1996, The Notebook. It kinda passed me by and I wasn't even interested in watching the movie until my boyfriend forced it upon me one evening.

I remember sitting there grimacing at the screen, not really understanding why the film had received so much recognition, I was about to give up on it entirely until the ending caught me by surprise. The flood gates opened and I was sobbing like I'd just lost a beloved pet. I was a harrowing sight and my poor man looked at me in horror before giving me the biggest of hugs.

That was a few years ago now and when searching for a good read recently on Amazon I found my fingers typing The Notebook into search. Well I found the book for just 2p - yes you read that correctly - amazing right? 

What struck me first about the book was how short it was, just 189 pages. The average length for most of my reads is 400 pages. After reading the first chapter I was hooked. Nicholas Sparks words just flow seamlessly off the page and was almost impossible to put down. I found the depth to the characters which the film was lacking, the descriptive language and emotion. I'm only half way through but I have to agree it is an amazing love story and beautifully written. This will be forever in my most loved books section on my shelf.




 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment