Wednesday 3 October 2012

Vanilla Cupcake Recipe

Today's post will be about some yummy cupcakes I baked for our Breast Cancer Awareness event in Norwich, Norfolk. I was asked to help out on the cake stand as not many people had said they would be supplying cakes for the event.
 
So at 9:30pm last night, when I should have been doing my blog of the day, I had to bake 24 cupcakes! Below you can see the recipe which has given me many a perfect cupcake.
 

Basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
 
20 Mins Prep + 15-20 Mins cooking time
 
 
125g Unsalted Butter, softened
125g Castor Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
150g Self-Raising Flour
4 tbsp Milk

 
1. Preheat Oven to 180*C/Gas 4 and place cupcake cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
 
TIP - Sift flour and sugar prior to mixing for a smooth mixture
 
2. Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until it starts to cream and look fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time while adding flour as you go to avoid curdling. Add milk one spoon at a time. I use a hand whisk as it makes light work of the mixing, especially if your making several batches.
 
TIP - Use room temperature butter to avoid curdling. If the mixture looks lumpy and separating it's starting to curdle so try adding more flour.
 
3. Divide mixture evenly between the cases, two thirds of the way full. then bake for 20 mins.
 
TIP - Remember cakes carry on cooking after they are taken out of the oven so don't wait until they are completely brown to remove them from the oven. Mine are cooked when they are still pale/light brown. Insert a knife, if it comes out clean they are done!
 
And here are the final cupcakes. Bear in mind I finished these at 12:30am I think it wasn't a bad shot. I wanted to do a buttercream frosting but ran out of butter and I wasn't going to Tesco at that time of night just for some butter :S I will do I future blog on how to do a buttercream topping which really make a cupcake pop!
 
Let me know if you give this recipes a go, I'd love to know how you get on XoXo
 
 







Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    I tried out your basic vanilla cupcake recipe for my first ever cupcakes! :)

    I put three kinds of toppings: Bananas with a sprinkle of Strawberry Chocolate, Chocolate icing and Chocolate & Coffee icing.

    Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    Friendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Friendy ^_^ So happy that my receipe is being used. Your pictures of them on Facebook looked yummy XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a second go and used a bit less butter but a few drops more of vanilla extract. Also, I added some new toppings: A sprinkle of chocolate & strawberry white chocolate x 3 cupcakes, Strawberry white chocolate with chocolate banana x 3 cupcakes, Chocolate icing with white sugar pearls x 3 cupcakes and Chocolate icing with a sprinkle of strawberry white chocolate x 3 cupcakes, so total 12 yummy cupcakes! :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete