Friday 2 November 2012

L'Oreal Ombre Hair Colour and Recital Preference No.7 Dark Blonde review


I mentioned on Twitter that I was experimenting with Ombre Colour yesterday. I decided that seeing as I'm starting a new part-time job on Sunday I better do something with my hair. So after I dropped my boyfriend off at work I dropped into the city and I paid Boots a visit. I bought 2 colours as L'Oreal had an offer on, buy 2 for £10!

 
The first colour I bought was L'Oreal Recital Preference No.7 Dark Blonde. It's the closest to my natural hair I can get. I normally buy an Ash colour as I suit cool tones but the only Ash was a light blonde and that wouldn't have gone on my hair well.  The second colour was the NEW L'Oreal Wild Ombres Preference No. 3 which I had seen recently advertised on TV. I have loved the two-toned trend for awhile now and wanted to give it a go. I was afraid however it would cost a fortune in the hairdressers so gave it a miss. Then I spotted this new collection on TV the other night and knew I had to give it a go.
 
It may be a good idea to put the cat outside first... my kitten kept trying to get on to the table to find out where the strong smell was coming from. I had to balance on one foot throughout most of the process trying to keep her from jumping up. Oh and then she decided to walk underneath me! Highlighter splatters and kitties don't mix.
 
I applied the Dark Blonde first. The instructions were easy to read and even though I read them thoroughly I forgot to wet my hair before application, never mind. I'm not sure if it made a difference or not as the colour seemed to come out ok. I applied the creme to my roots first as they needed doing desperately, then I worked it through the length. I stopped at the bottom of my ears I didn't want to do the full length as the Ombre colour would take better without a fresh colour underneath it, and left it to develop for 20 minutes. I choose not to conditioner my hair after I had washed the creme out as I planned to do the Ombre colour straight away. I towel dried my hair and gave it a quick blast with the hairdryer. The instructions for the Wild Ombre says to apply to dry hair.
 
 
I was starting to rush by the time it came to mixing up the Wild Ombre creme as I was running out of time. I had to pick my boyfriend up at 6pm and naturally I had to finish quickly so I could show off my new colour. Don't make the same mistake as me a shake the mixture bottle! You need to roll it in your hands first ... I shook it like the first mixture and then wondered why it wasn't coming out. The highlighter powder had got stuck in the lid and I had to use a knife to scrap it out :( Once I had finished faffing with the bottle I parted my hair into 2 sections and applied the mixture to the supplied brush. It was very simple to work it through from just below my ears to the ends. I made sure my hair was evenly covered and then left it for 30 minutes. It can be left on up to 45 minutes.
 

 
So what do you think? I'd love to hear your opinions because I LOVE the results! I did think though that about 5 years ago my hair looked the same as I was trying to grow out the colour and now it's a trend! 


Paint the UK Pink




12 comments:

  1. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the advert for this in the last few days! Until I saw this I thought it'd be a bit of a gimmick.

    It really suits your hair colour, I'd love to give it a go but my hair is SO dark I'd look like Cruella De Vil :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was worried about doing it as home colours this dramatic normally go wrong. But it didn't turn orange :D so I'm very happy.

      There are 3 colours to choose from. Mine was the lightest one for blonde to Mid brown. The other colours for darker hair did look quite orange.

      Wendy Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Wendy! Found your blog through the last bbloggers blog hop! As someone who has never experimented with hair dye before, I am seriously impressed that you ombred your hair so well! It looks gorgeous :) Following you now, feel free to stop by my blog and say hello!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie, thank you for following ♥ I hope you'll read my other posts and enter my giveaway ☺

      Wendy Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I didn't want anything dramatic Bambi so very happy with the result ❥

      Wendy Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, it looks so good! :) I love the colour!

    New follower :)

    Becky
    http://beckyleight.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky, thanx for the follow ♥

      I hope your well Xoxo

      Delete
  5. your hair looks amazing :) nice color :)

    new follower from the bbloggers blog hop :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww THANK YOU what lovely comments everyone has. It's so nice ♥

      Delete
  6. I have tried both real and clip in extensions. They are wonderful :) But I find them too heavy after awhile. I prefer my real hair these days xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour looks really good.

    ReplyDelete