Tuesday 23 April 2013

April Glossybox UK Review


My first Glossybox! I have never been interested in receiving sample boxes, they seem very expensive for just a couple of samples from brands I would never use. I have been hearing good things about Glossybox and reading up on posts from other bloggers. It seems Glossybox have taken on board that bloggers want to trial products from brands they have actually heard of. After a lot of consideration I decided to opt for a 3 month subscription as the longer the subscription the cheaper the package. I knew I’d want more than one box to really give a good report to my readers. I can’t recommend a sample box on just one use.
I sent it to my new address so just 2 days after I moved in I came home from work to a welcoming package. I love receiving parcels from Mr Postman!  I kinda knew a little bit about April’s box from sneaking a peek at other reviews and the packaging didn’t disappoint. In my opinion if it looks good on the outside it’ll be even better inside. The box is a Limited Edition design by Pearl Lowe and I’m going to enjoy finding another purpose for it now (I never throw away a good box). The theme is Spring Fever inspired by a love of all things vintage and floral. There are different variations on this box so what I have received you may have something different. Here is one from the Fabtastic Makeup Savvy .. I do love my fellow uk bloggers.
Contents
NIP+FAB Mango Smoothie – dry skin fix body butter, 50ml
Essie Nail Lacquer – Snap Happy – full size … red really isn’t a colour I expected to see in a SPRING box o_O?
So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher eau de parfum, 5ml
Sun Sense invisible tint finish, 10g
And my fav from the box … Sleek Makeup Blush in Pixie Pink, 8g
I’ll be reviewing these in future posts, first up with the Sleek Blusher which will follow tomorrow :)
I was overall impressed with the contents especially the Sleek blush as I have never tried anything from Sleek but always wanted to :D Oh yeh and its PINK! Having full size products was a surprise. I just assumed a sample box was exactly that.. samples. The only product I wasn’t impressed by was the red nail polish by Essie, not that I have anything against Essie I love their polishes. I just think red is best kept for winter. I won’t be using it on my nails unfortunately. As it’s unused if there are any bloggers who want to do a swap I’d be more than happy too just drop me an email painttheukpink@live.co.uk. If you want to try Glossybox you can sign up HERE





Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

5 comments:

  1. Great post, this is nearly exactly the same as the box I got but my Essie polish was a coral shade. I love the body butter! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love this months glossy box, mien was slightly different to yours, I'd really appreciate if you could check my blog out! :)

    www.lisa-cequejaime.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I was quite impressed with this months box! I had exactly the same as you apart from my polish was called 'She's Pampered' - it's an indulgent red, deffo my kinda colour :). X

    http://gemsi2011.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you loved your box Gemma :D Warm colours just don't suit me. Pinks are more my colour ;) xo

      Delete