Saturday 15 June 2013

Glossybox June 2013 Review


My third Glossybox review and it's a Summersational one! Glossybox want to help us achieve the perfect summer look in 2013. Yes I know we have mostly seen rain so far but hey we can prep our skin ready for those rays right? I was a little confused when I opened my box to see 2 nail varnishes and then on closer inspection realised my mistake. NUXE Huile Prodigieuse OR, described as a desert island must have, it is essentially a dry oil. It can be used on face, body and hair and illuminates, hydrates and strengthens. It's quite expensive and something I wouldn't give a second thought to as I'm not a fan of shimmer on the body. At £34 it's for those of you who have money to burn.
 
An absolute must have for me anytime of year is a good moisturiser and Glossybox know it's important too. Monu Professional Skincare hydrating moisturiser with SPF 15 provides UVA and UVB protection. The interesting ingredient which most companies are starting to use now is Soft Focus technology which helps blur imperfections and correct skin tone. It does say to keep re-applying throughout the day for optimum protection but if you're wearing makeup how is that possible? I do like this product and if I had £29.95 to spend I'd buy it as it really hydrates my skin. 
 
I wasn't overly impressed with Figs & Rouge Coco Rose as it didn't last 1 hour on my lips and ended up spread around my mouth. The shimmer made my face look oilier than normal. I'll stick to my Nivea lip balms. Another shimmering product next. Can you see Glossyboxes theme here? Helen E Cosmetics Shimmer Eye Powder. Not a bad price at only £5 and would look great on a summers night. Last but not least MeMeMe Cosmetics Long Lasting nail gloss, another £5 product. Not a fan of this pale colour personally and I don't think it matches the theme of the box. A bright pink, yellow or green would have been good maybe.
 
This was my last box as my subscription has come to an end. I have had some interesting products and learnt about new brands. I think Glossybox is great for bloggers who want something different to post about but for me it's lacking. I prefer makeup over skin/body care and nail polish. If there was a box tailored to makeup artists I'd love to know about it but until then I'm going to purchase my own products to post about. If you would like to purchase Glossyboxes for just £10 a month + postage you can find out more on their website







Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 


5 comments:

  1. Those look like great products you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products you got in a box #GIGBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been intrigued by them! never tried glossy!
    xo,
    Dee http://HauteFrugalista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's why i can't get myself to subscribe to these box services...i\m afraid i wont like much and waste $

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me consider to have my box service.
    Cant wait for surprise.

    GIG

    ReplyDelete