Monday 10 March 2014

Norwich Fashion Week Vintage show 2014

 
Last night saw The Puppet Theatre, Norwich come to life for an 18th Century inspired Vintage Show during Norwich Fashion Week. I turned up at 1pm rising into a cloud of hairspray in the dressing room. The hair stylists were busy teasing and back-combing models hair into extravagant updos and everything was running smoothly. As I set up my makeup kit the other makeup artists started to arrive. The Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists were either currently studying or had qualified from Jackie Hamiltons School of Beauty. We were all showing our support of the school by wearing our branded T-Shirts.
 
We had all previously met to discuss the makeup and had decided that the bold white brows and lashes combined with either a pink or orange cheek and lip would stand out the best on stage. Everyone was helping out each other in regards to products - there was a lot of borrowing going on. Which reminds me.. if you took a brush home by mistake (easily done as we had to pack away quickly to make way for clothes) that wasnt yours can you please drop it into the school asap, its very much missed in someones kit, thank you.
 
I was over the moon being the first to pick my model to work on. I snaked outside to where the models were having a much needed break and spotted Jess from a distance and knew I wanted her. Her skin was amazing to work on and the colours really stood out. To book Jess she can be found on Sandra Reynolds Website. The second model of the afternoon was the striking Anna-Maria Green who has the most friendly personality. She's travelled all the way from Bury st Edmunds for Norwich Fashion Week. I used an orange palette on her as I had to alternate colours to make sure there was an even number of pink and orange hues going down the catwalk. Last but not least I was able to get my hands on a man! This was the first time I had ever applied makeup on male skin and he was a sport for letting me. I know it's very odd for a guy if they haven't had makeup on their skin before.
 
I was very happy with the end result on my models. After every ones models were checked under the lights a few models cam back to have their colours brightened. I then shot off home to get changed for the nights performance. I was lucky enough to grab one of the last tickets.
 

The theatre itself was very small but the models made the most of the whole area by walking up and down the stairs. I hold my hands up to them they really had a long day and ended it on a high. Many local designers showcased there businesses from reclaimed fashions to newly designed hats. I even discovered a few brands I didn't know existed in my own home town. I for one will be getting my knickers from Proudlock and Harry from now on. I would really like to collaborate with Mystic Magic as I was blown away by his couture head wear designs!
 
 
A huge well done to all the models, makeup artist, hair stylists, photographers and everyone involved. There's so much organisation that goes into a show like this and I'm proud to say I was a part of it. To read more see today's EDP news.
 
oX Wendy Xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment