Tuesday 7 May 2013

Benefit POREfessional - it's about Prime!



Any new readers coming to my blog right now will think I have an infatuation with Benefit. I won't apologise for all the reviews of this brand as I just adore it. I'm using a lot of their products lately. The brand is so cute and all the vintage inspired female drawing they use are right up my street.

 
The POREfessional is the UK's No.1 best selling primer (Benefit have a lot of UK no. 1s). I bought the smaller version as part of the it's about Prime! essentials kit. I've always wanted to try this as it's had superb reviews but as it's expensive for the full size I opted for a kit to get more value for my money. Funnily enough I haven't even tried the Triple Preforming face emulsion yet so I can't review it. I don't really now a lot about it to be honest so if anyone has reviewed it please leave your link for myself and others to follow.

Blurb - POREfessional is the UK's best-selling primer*
Quickly minimise the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.
*Source: The NPD Group. Value and Unit Line sales of the Total Prestige Other Face Makeup segment for 2012 Jan to Dec
 
I have very large pores and trying to cover them is a constant battle. I found this product didn't work for me as it just sat in my pores instead of smoothing them. I'm sure if I had finer pores this would be a perfect product but I wouldn't recommended it to those who have skin like mine. I decided to go back to my much cheaper primer by Avon. Sorry Benefit maybe I was hoping for too much, damn my genes!

For those of you with gorgeous skin who just want a smooth base grab your POREfessional Primer from Benefit Online, £24.50 or it's about Prime, £23.50





 

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunate that benefit didn´t meet your expectations, but thanks for the review. Helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always honest with my opinions :) I love Benefit <3

      Delete
  2. I find Benefit to be really up and down, personally I loved porefessional but I find their lip products always fall short of my expectations.

    I thought I'd pop by to let know I've got a MAC giveaway going this week for a MAC lipstick from their standard collection of your choosing should you win :) Noticed you hadn't reviewed MAC so far so it'd be interesting to see what you think of them :)

    Loving the improvemnts to the blog! Its all looking very professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissy ^_^ I'm surprised that even though I've been too busy to post lately people are still viewing! :D Love my little blog Xo

      Delete
  3. Love benefit products! I recently got my mom hooked with them!
    Im now following u on bloglovin! #gig
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com
    Don't forget to check my anniversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete