Thursday 31 January 2013

Open Eve at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty

This is just a short post as a follow up to my 'MUA in the making' post. Tonight I went to an open evening at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty where I will be studying starting in March. I was joined by my friend Sheena, who qualified beauty therapist and nail technician, who is supporting my choice to re-start my career.

The school is situated on Dove Street, Norwich and I was surprised to see have an office space adjacent to Pixiwoo!! I don't need to tell you who they are surely. The school was a lot smaller than I expected, simply just one room split into a theory area where all the paper work is carried out and the practical area. The practical drew me in as there were 10 chairs sat next to 10 tables with illuminated back stage style mirrors. I've always wanted one of those! I even had a peek at the makeup set which I will be given on introduction. The tutors were very friendly and informative. Answering all of my questions and in return asking me lots of questions about why I've chosen to study makeup. I was the first one there so received the tutors full attention and browsed the folders of other students. After 20mins the room started to fill up which was my queue to leave.
 
I am really excited about starting and learning the basics of makeup application and how to care for different skin types. Thank you to the friendly tutors for making the open evening so welcoming.
 
For those of you that don't know about Jackie Hamilton here's a short bit of info about her....
 

Jackie Hamilton- Principal of Jackie Hamilton School of Therapies
 
Jackie Hamilton MAR, ITEC, MCthA, BFRP began her journey into therapies with a one day workshop in 1997 and got hooked! She originally trained in Beauty at Colchester Institute (2 year evening classes) whilst doing reflexology and aromatherapy massage, Indian head massage at Brentwood Academy. She started out as a (very) mature student and didn’t have time to waste!
Jackie used to work (10 years) for Sir Alan Sugar at Amstrad in Brentwood - and no he didn’t fire her! Jackie continued her studies whilst operating her own private practice, and began teaching in a wide variety of schools and colleges in Essex.
Having moved to Norfolk in September 2003, Jackie was surprised to learn there was hardly any teaching work available (as promised) and quickly realised why - there was a need for professional and private teaching in the area. Taking a deep breath, she opened the school in January 2005 with two reflexology courses and now has many more! In 2008 she realised that there was also a need for a quality professional beauty school and offered the idea to her daughter Sam who at the time was just finishing her Business degree- needless to say Sam leapt at the chance. Now, mother and daughter enjoy a good working relationship - and both schools are benefiting from their combined knowledge and enthusiasm
 
For more info about the school - http://www.beautyschoolnorwich.co.uk/en-gb/home.aspx 
 

 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for following me :) and your blog has the BEST name :) xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say ^_^♥♥♥ thank you Gemma xo

      Delete