Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year Resolutions 2013


It's that time of year again where we make new resolutions for the year ahead only for them to be broken by 31st January. Sometimes they last a bit longer but generally by the end of the year they are forgotten. Now with my blog though I can write them down for all to see. Then at the end of the year look back and see if I actually achieved them.

2012 was a great year in many ways. I went on my first upside down coaster :D yes to many I know this is lame but to me it was a huge achievement and made me realise I can overcome my fears. I left a job which I hated! Stacking shelves at Sainsburys for nearly 8 years and on nights was draining me of my personality. I had to leave and get myself back. It was hard going not having any money for awhile but I found work again, albeit part-time, and money is slowly coming back. It'll be awhile before I pay off my debts I feel.

I aim to make 2013 a happier and more fruitful year. I've had enough of not having money to do simple things like pay bills, go on mini-breaks or even just meals out.

Things I loved 2012 for ....

1. Fifty Shades of Grey
2. Celebrating my boyfriends 30th
3. Becoming an Advanced Sales Leader with Avon (I'll do it again when I re-start)
4. Buying our first pet .. our cat Tifa
5. Starting my blog
6. Starting a new job at the Holiday Inn
7. Making MANY new friends ... online and locally
8. Seeing Shinedown twice on one tour
9. Bonding with Stuart


 
 
My 2013 New Year Resolutions
 
1. Be more active - like walking, wii fit, cleaning ... anything besides sitting and typing
2. Set small achievable goals - each month as when goals are broken down into bitesize chunks they are easier to achieve
3. Pay off credit card - this may come later
4. Blog regularly - at least 2-3 times a week, AT LEAST!
5. Be a better friend/girlfriend - not that I'm a horrible one now but I do spend too much time in my own world & need to pay attention to others around me
6. Go Abroad - somewhere hot! It's been over 10 years since I went abroad
7. Become a qualified Make Up Artist - with Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty
8. Decide what to do with new qualification - may learn some other skills on top like threading, eyelash extensions and waxing
9. Re-start my Avon career - for those of you that follow me you know I left Avon in December as I had too much going on and was no longer being motivated by my mentor. I am waiting until May/June when I can go back under a NEW mentor and re-start my business
 
10. AIM HIGH
 
 
If you have blogged your resolutions I would love to give them a read. Just leave your name and web address below via the linky which will be open throughout January.



 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with these! I need to work on #5 too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with them, I have some of them Resoultions aswell, as trying to lose weight, get my health stable, study more and start by own business.

    I tried Avon but did not find it good and now been told i cant do it again. I am trying to set up my own business idea with support but also do another job i can do from home that can start straight away like avon etc, but is hard to find one that does not require start up money and something I will enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your resolutions Sinead :) ♥ ♥

      Why can't you do the Avon again? Not like them to say no? I have just started doing Ann Summers home plan for a change of pace. It's really quite exciting :D Unlike Avon theres no start up cost. Instead you HIRE a £500 kit for just £3.50 a week. You can make between £50-£90 on a gd night. Not bad for 3hrs work hey?! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Thanks

      I cant do Avon again as i did owe them money before but this has been wiped, I only owned them money due to a bad sales leader, she told me nothing and was making no money so could not pay off catalouges etc, and just had bad experiance with them

      Delete