Saturday 23 February 2013

Reviewed: Essie Matte About You Topcoat

 

I heard so many good things about this product from other bloggers that I just had to find out what the hype was all about. Essie's Matte About You is a versatile, quick drying topcoat.
 
It's frickin' awesome! I adore this little beauty. At only £8 it's a bargain and you can create such amazing effects with it. It's incredibly fast drying, I mean blink and it's dry! So be careful when applying and do it quickly. It goes over just about any nail polish. You'll be surprised at how this will give your fav nail polish a new makeover. Essie also says that wearing hand lotion is fine with this product, you can apply as much hand lotion as you want without it interfering with the product. I did find that after a couple of days the matte did seem to fade but this was only with the black nail polish, with the pink I wore in my previous post, you can find that HERE, the effect lasted much longer. Depending on what polish you apply this topcoat over you will receive differing results.
 
I do think that Matte About You works really well with any black polish more so than other colours as you can really see the effect. Why not have a go at some unusual effects like mine or those of some Pinners which I found via Pinterst.com. It's a great source of ideas. If you'd like to follow me on there here's my link www.pinterest.com/wendyengland
 
Large image my own nails, small images from a selection on Pinterest
 
 

Follow me on   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

5 comments:

  1. Really want to try this out, so many cool designs! Love your blog!xx

    http://beautyundressedd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sold, this is a wonderful review, I am fully persuaded to go out and buy this come payday on friday. I hope I'm just as impressed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back and let me know what you think of it Danielle :) xo

      Delete
  3. I hear tons of great things about this polish. It makes me wanna go out and buy some for myself! I do love the polish looks you posted! The glossy tip is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete