Saturday 17 August 2013

Lashes by StarGazer


You may have read my haul post (see here) where I purchased these fabulous lashes by StarGazer. I bought them especially for a photoshoot I was doing to put my makeup skills into practise. Makeup application is an art form and I admire those who can do it without even having been taught. I took a Level 2 course so I was able to learn the very basics! I do not try be a professional, far from it, I'm just excited to be learning new skills within the beauty industry.
 
The above photos were taken by Laura Bannister from Norwich. A fabulous photographer and would you believe it's not her day job! The model is me, don't laugh, it really is. My fringe is too long but my skin looks flawless :D It's down to Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. It was the first time I've ever used it and it made my skin glow underneath my MAC foundation. 
 
I didn't have a theme before I started applying my makeup, I was inspired by the lashes themselves. I didn't use the glue provided as the photographer said the glue she uses herself would be stronger (I forgot to note the name). Once applied and my eyes were open the outer feathers of the lashes fell well below my eyes and gave a dropped appearance. They wouldn't be something I would wear everyday but would be interesting for a night out and you would most certainly be asked about them.
 
I do love StarGazers products. I bought mine from a small shop in Norwich but you can buy yours online (click here). An absolute steal at £4!  




Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 



Beauty Reflection - A good curl
To get a pretty, curled look, use an eyelash curler before applying a mascara. They always give you a natural look and when applied in the right manner, they allow no clumping of lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment