Monday 4 November 2013

Spending Ban Collaboration #4

Wendy England MUA

Wendy England MUA

I can't believe it's November already! I even went to the fireworks yesterday which means it's all about Christmas now. You may have seen from my previous post that I was almost a very bad girl. I nearly caved today when I found out Benefits advent calendar was going on sale. I was ready to part with £50 for 24 travel sized makeup products.. hang on make that 21 as 3 of the doors had small jewellery behind them. Fortunately it didn't go on sale when it was suppose to, this caused many people boycotting Benefit and heading to Ciate and YOU instead. I had to leave the house to do my food shop which I do every Sunday. No surprise that upon my return I found the advent calendar had actually gone on sale and within minutes was sold out. Thank goodness! I was saved from wasting £50 on something I was surely going to regret later.
 


Apart from today's lack of willpower I have been very good this week. I have been so busy with photoshoots and clients that I haven't had time to buy anything for myself. On the other hand I haven't blogged about anything either. I put that down to my layout and URL change. Which reminds me... if you have the Spending Ban button on your blog/website can you please replace it with the code above. As I've changed my url to http://wendyenglandmua.blogspot.co.uk the html on the spending ban button has changed so no longer linking to my original post. I'd really appreciate if you could update yours.

Has anyone else had trouble with views dropping off after changing URL? Because I'm barely getting 10 views unless I link a post in Twitter. Does it mean my rankings in Google have gone? I had to change it because 'Paint the UK Pink' had no relevance anymore. Since becoming a makeup artists all my other platforms are either Wendy England MUA or Wendy England Makeup Artist. So I felt it would be best to change my blog too. What do you think, good idea or have I shot myself in the foot?I know I'm going off topic talking about my social sites instead of my ban but I didn't want to create a separate blog post all about it. While I'm on the subject I have a new Facebook page www.facebook.com/wendyenglandmakeupartist I'd really appreciate it if you popped over and liked it. There's a Competition on there too.

Have you blogged about your ban lately? I'd love to read your posts. Please leave you post links in the comments below. Also if you have a blog button please let me know so I can add it to my sidebar xo









Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment