Wednesday 22 January 2014

Kat Von D Foundation review

 

 
 I couldn't believe my luck when I won this foundation in a competition. I've always loved Kat Von D as an artist and a woman. I watched her before she had her own show LA Ink and admired her black and white tattoo work. If ever I were to get a portrait tattoo she would have to do it! Her makeup line came out in 2008 and it was her lipsticks that drew me in with their deep, rich colours but back then I wasn't a big lipstick fan so admired from a far. But now I really really want to get my hands on them. 
 
The foundation had passed me by until now. It appears to be a hit or miss product for most users. It claims to be medium to full coverage, highly pigmented and long-wearing. It's very matte so best to stay away from this foundation if you have dry skin. Unfortunately this shade 'Light 49' was too dark for my skintone (Light 46 would have been perfect as it has pink undertones). I was planning to keep it for contouring but it's too thick to blend well enough. The product claims to cover tattoos which would explain it's thick consistency. I wouldn't recommend wearing a product this thick for a long period of time and to wash it off thoroughly by double cleansing to avoid blocked pores.
 
Overall I'd give this a 3 out of 5. Best for those with oily skin for it's staying power. If you have dry or combination skin stay clear as it will stick to dry patches and make you look cakey. I love the packaging and pump dispenser but won't purchase for my own use. Kat Von D's line is exclusive to Sephora stores which as far as I know we don't have in the UK. I can't work out if there's anywhere else online they can be bought besides eBay. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.
 
oX Wendy Xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment