Tuesday 14 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked Foundation review

 
This is the start of my foundation reviews. I have amassed a treasure trove of different brands and yet I haven't reviewed any!! Am I a beauty blogger? Since when did I stop blogging about products the moment they hit my dressing table. Well it's time I stopped being so lazy and get my review clogs on. I have 10 foundations which I have picked out to review individually.
 
 
Before reading please take into account my skin type -- Finding a foundation to suit my skin tone and texture is like trying to find a needle in the haystack. I have oily/combination skin, an oily T-zone with very dry and yet sensitive cheeks sums it up. I suffer badly from spots and blackheads and have acne scarring because of it.
 
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup - A foundation which until recently has passed me by. At £27 it's verging on the high end scale and competing with Illamasqua, Lancome and MAC. It comes beautifully packaged with an easy to use pump. It dispenses just enough without wastage (very important at this price).  There are several shades to choose from and the labels ending in zero indicating a warm-toned shade, and shades ending with a five are for cooler complexions.
 
My foundation is 0.5 which turned out to be slightly too light for me but I'd rather it be too light than too dark. It's supposed to be a “weightless” and “invisible” foundation with a “luminous, demi-matte finish” and “buildable coverage.” I found it to be fully matte with a light to medium coverage. It was too dry on my cheeks which looked cakey but went on smoothly around my jaw and t-zone. As you can see from the photos it didn't cover my spots fully, not that I expected it to, so a dab of concealer would still be needed on top.
 
Overall I wouldn't buy it for my skin type. If you have normal or oily skin I would highly recommend it. It wears well and doesn't feel like your even wearing foundation. It doesn't have any SPF so make sure your moisturiser does before putting it on and heading out during the day.
 
If you use this brand please leave a comment so my readers can get a wide range of opinions. Which foundation would you like to review from my 10 next?
 
Wendy xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment