Tuesday 1 October 2013

Glossybox The London Edition Review September 2013


 
I've been hanging onto this post all month because I was awaiting a replacement for a smashed up HD Blush. The replacement still hasn't come. I'll have to contact Glossybox again :/ I was so excited when I received my box, all dressed up in red, white and blue. How cute was the print on the tissue paper?! It was called the London Edition as a nod to London Fashion Week. Because of my surname 'England' I love everything British. The contents of the box were on the large size, no tiny vials of samples this time.
 
Elizabeth Arden – Untold (5ml)
An adorable miniature bottle of the full sized perfume. I hadn't taken much notice of this perfume even though I've been working in the fragrance department in Debenhams. There was something slightly 'older woman' about the advertising. But I love the design of the bottle and I've fallen in love with the scent.
 
Top notes: Black Currant LMR, Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Pear.
Mid notes: Gardenia, Peony, Jasmine LMR
Base notes: Sandalwood, Patchouli Heart LMR, Musk, Amber.
 
It's the Gardenia, sandalwood and musk that I can smell on me. It doesn't offend my nose like most floral perfumes. I normally go for vanilla/musky scents. I'm going to ask for this for Christmas hint hint Stu if your reading this.
 
Eylure – Pre-glued Lashes (5.06)
False lashes are something that are of a new interest to me. I often find myself eyeing them up in Superdrug when I know I have loads at home now. I can't get enough! I was intrigued by these due to them being pre-glued. I gave them a try but they didn't stick fully: the corners closest to my nose kept lifting so I still needed to use glue. Something to keep in mind if your thinking of buying them.
 
Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe – Classic Shine & Gloss Serum 
I don't normally use a serum every day, but I need something to add shine. This maybe my life saver! I haven't tried it yet but look forward to telling you all about it soon.
 
Be A Bombshell Cosmetics – Onyx Eye Liner ($14 full size)
I love eye-liner but I don't like receiving them in my Glossybox. Everyone I have received only last for one application on one eye!! What's the deal?! I even tried standing them upside down but nothing. So I don't really want to comment on this product as I'm sure if I bought it in the shop it would actually work. What I will comment on though is - Why is it in this box? It's American and you can't buy it here from my research. Isn't the box called the London Edition??
 
HD Brows – Blusher
I was extremely chuffed to see this in my box, except I was kinda wanting the brow palette. I was in for even more disappointment when I looked closely and saw it was all dusty pink on the outside. On opening I found it smashed to pieces. Gutted was an understatement! I contacted Glossybox who wanted to see photos and then said they'll send a replacement out to me.... that was 2 weeks ago o_O
 
So you can see why it's taken me some time to blog about this box. I was hoping I'd have a replacement by now which I could share with you but no such luck. I'll be honest, if the next box doesn't live up to expectations I'm stopping my subscription once more.
 
 __________________________________________________________________________________
 
UPDATE 02/10/13
 
Received my new HD Blushers today and it's all in one piece despite being sent in a tiny bubble wrapped envelope. Which begs the question.. How did the first one get smashed when it was delivered in much sturdier packaging? We shall see what this months box has in store. I'm determined to stick out my subscription until Christmas.
 
 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment