Monday 14 October 2013

Review: Lush Santa's Lip Scrub

 
Is it too early to be buying products with the name 'Santa'? Not when they're from Lush! Just to confirm I bought this little beauty a couple of days before I started my spending ban. It's one of the reason why I decided I needed to stop spending.
 

This is only the second product I have ever purchased from Lush. I went in the little corner shop in Norwich (the smell is always too much for my poor boyfriend) looking for the Popcorn Lip scrub. Lushes lip scrubs are a cult buy among beauty bloggers and I felt like I was missing out. The sales assistant had a brilliant smugness on his face when I asked for it. I asked what he was so happy about.. his answer, "Because I'm going to show you something else." He took me over to all the lip scrubs and said although the Popcorn is great, they also now have the Christmas range of Santa Lip Scrub in stock. I knew I had to have it! Sorry Popcorn I was looking forward to using you but the colour pop of Santa won me over.
 
Pros
It smells like Cola bottle sweets! The ingredients are mostly natural with a few safe synthetics. It's completely edible, even the hearts, so no need to worry if you 'accidently' get some in your mouth. It doesn't stain and leaves my lips feeling smooth and ready for kissing. These lip scrubs are perfect for Makeup Artists like myself because they are small enough to transport. If a model suffers from dry lips I get them to pop this on their lips and use a disposable toothbrush to give them a quick scrub.
 
Cons
The grain is quite coarse which if used over the lip line may cause outbreaks of spots. Avoid this by using the scrub only once a week (maybe less depending on how dry your lips are) and staying in the centre when massaging.
 
I can't compare this to the other lip scrubs by Lush as I haven't used them before but I was told by the assistant that they have slightly changed the formula which means the scrub doesn't crumble off the lips as much. It did seem to stay put while I was massaging it around. Bonus!
 
Overall I adore this scrub and want to complete the set to take on photoshoots with me.
 
 









Image Map

Looking for a new blog to read? Check out my lovely Barbie Rose Package Advertiser: Rara Rouge

6 comments:

  1. I love Lush and there products.The lip scrubs are fab! my Christmas shopping trip wouldn't be the same without popping into Lush: I cant wait for the Christmas eve bubble bar and snow fairy!:)
    new follower here if you would like to follow me back here is my link
    http://sassylittlenails37.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be asking for Lush products this Christmas :) Snow Fairy is another product of theirs that I've heard lots about but never tried. I see myself spending alot more time in their shop and annoying the Sales boy ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Oooo wow a santa one, amazing and I love cola bottles!
    Thanks for sharing your link on the #fbloggers chat
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Kylie. Thank you for dropping by and reading my post. Have you used any of the lip scrubs before?
      Much Love xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ooo Ive not tried this yet! Thanks for the info, though I think I might end up licking it off if it tastes like cola...

    I saw this at lush recently and thought of you https://www.lush.co.uk/product/6365/The-Christmas-Penguin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm surprised you remembered :D You shouldn't be tempting me with such cutness. I'm on a spending ban ;)

      Thanks Chrissy xo

      Delete