Sunday 15 September 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag!

 
Rules:
 
1. Thank the tagger and link them in the post.
 
2. State that this tag was created by The Beau Bow
 
3. Copy and paste the rules.
 
4. Tag some more beauty bloggers and link them to the post.
 
5. Title this The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Post so bloggers know what the post is about.
 
6. Have fun!

1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
-  I'm a stickler for keeping to my beauty regime. I have such bad skin due to my lovely genes and contraception. The one thing I don't do often enough, which my skin could really benefit from, is a good face mask. I've just started making my own as I can never find one that truly helps my skin.
 
2. Is washing your make up brushes something you do regularly?
- As a makeup artist this is something I have learnt is paramount in the industry. Good hygiene and caring for my equipment is something I do on a daily basis. Washing my brushes comes as second nature. In between washes I keep my brushes clean by using Crownbrush brush cleanser
 
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
- I can't. In my line of work it's not professional to have chipped nails. I either have to have bare nails, when I'm doing treatments on clients in case they have allergies, or immaculate talons, when I'm doing promotional work.
 
4. How long do you put off buying/ replacing a beauty or nail polish product, even if you need it? (ie purchasing a new top coat or foundation)
- I'm forever buying new products. I don't wait until I run out. I can't be without the basics which are primers, foundations and colours (lipsticks/eyeshadows/blushers).
 
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
- Squeezing my spots. I know it's gross, cross-infecting and scarring but when you have a big fat one which even makeup doesn't hide it's hard not too.
 
6. Name something non beauty related that you put off all the time
- Checking my bank balance. When you're just starting out on a new career path it can really take it's toll on your purse strings. There have been times where my money was so bad I couldn't even pay rent. Since using a separate account to pay my bills it's made life easier as I can see what I have left over at the end of the day... generally not much.
 
7. When going out somewhere do you leave getting ready to last minute or not?
- It starts in the AM, I'm not even kidding. I plan my whole day around a night out. If it's an all day event then I get up a couple of hours early.
 
8. Can you commit to a spending ban?
- Hell no! I need to mind you. I have gone many weeks, sometimes months without buying myself anything, mainly when I was out of work. Not having an income changes a person.
 
9. How organised is your make up and nail polish collection?
- I have to be honest and tell you it all sits in one big pile in my spare room. My nail polishes are all in a basket in the bathroom. I have the means to organise them. By this I mean I have storage containers and wallets but I haven't kicked my butt into gear to short through it all. I have a feeling I'll have to after writing this.
 
10. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
- Right now possibly 4 days. I try not to leave it too long as a pile of products mount up waiting to be reviewed. Then I end up with post after post of just reviews. I find that incredibly boring to write after awhile and my love of writing goes out the window. I like my writing to flow and be honest, full and witty. If I'm bored writing the post then your sure as hell going to be bored reading it. What a waste of internet space that would be.
 
Thank you to the strikingly beautiful Jess from www.thebodeboutique.com/ for tagging me to do this post. I'm gutted I didn't get to meet you at the Bloggers party but I hope I'll catch you at the next event sweetie.
I tag:
Gemma Seager - retrochick.co.uk
 
 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment