Saturday 2 March 2013

O.P.I Nail Envy Review

I've been complaining a lot lately of how frequently my nails break and flake, nail polish has no staying power. It was suggested I try Nail Envy by a few bloggers who swear by it. So on my way out of the cinema the other week I popped into Boots and hunted high and low but eventually I found it. My mouth fell open when I saw the price, £18.65!!! Seriously?? At that price I expect a bucket of the stuff.
What the packaging says - To strengthen natural nails, apply 2 coats of O.P.I Original Nail Envy, followed by one coat every other day. I prepped my nails by removing any residue, buffing and pushing back my cuticles. Then painted on the 2 coats.
 
After 1 week my nails were longer, by longer I mean I had the whites back. Now before I continue I just like to mention that 99% of the people I spoke to had amazing results from this product and couldn't fault it. I am afraid to say I fall in the other 1% as soon as my nails reached the end of my fingers they started breaking off. I have a physical job so that could be part of why this product didn't work for me. I could only last 2 weeks before I had enough of gluing my broken nails back down so they didn't snap off completely. I decided this product was a bust. I ENVY you girls who have had success and grown your nails back, for me it just wasn't meant to be. My pocket is £18.65 lighter with nothing to show for it :( Please don't let this put YOU off buying this though as like I said I'm one of the very few who haven't seen a result.
 
 







Follow me on   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a bummer. Does Boots let you return items that didn't work for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can return used products Wendy unless maybe you had a reaction? xo

      Delete
  2. I had problems with it too - it made my nails strong for a few days then they went all discoloured and weak! I thought I was the only one. Disappointing!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Amy. Looks like it really didn't agree with your nails. I'm fortunate in that it just didn't do anything to mine. I had high expectations after reading lots of reviews xo

      Delete
  3. have Nominated you in the Liebster Blog awards. Check out my post for the rules and to get the questions http://naturalbeautyoxo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/2nd-liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sinead but I've already done this xo

    ReplyDelete