Monday 4 March 2013

Wilkinson Sword Quattro Bikini Razor review


 
A very different post today for you my lovely readers. I've being do quite a few makeup reviews and I don't want to bore you so I thought I'd talk about a staple in my bathroom cupboard. Every woman and man owns a razor, unless you like the o'naturale look or like many women and "some" men now get waxed. I've used so many different razors including my boyfriends. If you have never used your boyfriends razor you won't understand the pain it causes them, literately! So if you can avoid using his do.
 
I remember my first ever razor, can you? I was about 11 years old. Is that to young or a bit late to start shaving? My first razor was a Merkur Safety Razor which was my mums first and then she passed it on to me like a family heirloom. It was a single blade, strong and durable razor made from polished chrome and known for lasting many years. You could throw it against a wall and it would be fine. My poor legs really took a beating trying to get to grips with it. I had to cover my legs up after all the cuts which defeated the object of shaving. I gave up after a few weeks and bought some disposables from Tesco.

My favourite razor by far is Wilkinson Sword Quattro for women with Bikini trimmer. There is a male version of this too. I'm guessing the only difference is the colour? Razors are a product where quality really does come with the price. If you spend £2 on disposables then you'll never get as close a shave as with a razor that costs £10. I tried the razors with the built in gel bars like the Venus ranges and I ended up with a hideous rash. That could just be my sensitive skin though. Wilkinsons razors have always given me the best smooth legs and the 2 in 1 bikini trimmer is genius, I can't live without it. The only down side is I've gone through 3 of them in a short space of time. After awhile the bikini trimmer stops working and a new battery doesn't help get it started. I think there is a fault somewhere which needs addressing. The blades are also expensive £6.49 for just 3. But like I said the more expensive the better the quality.
 
What razor do you use? Or do you prefer a wax?
 
 


Follow me on   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

9 comments:

  1. I like the Venus range, shame it brings you out in a rash xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely range. I think I just have unusually sensitive legs :P

      Delete
  2. I posted a razor review too on my blog, and was a bit worried people might find it odd.. but like you said, everyone uses them don't they? I swear by my Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor.. it's amazing! It also has a plug thing you stick to the wall, to hold your razor in the bathroom to stop it going rusty! This sounds like a lovely girly razor :D xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Gem. I wasn't sure if people would read it :D my razor has a holder to stick it to the wall too xo

      Delete
  3. I'm a wax lady :) I do like a good shave every so often tho
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I've never tried waxing. Do you get use to the pain lol ;) xo

      Delete
  4. Razors drive me mad, they never seem to work as well as I want them to! Most of the time I resort to buying men's razors as they just seem to work better, couldn't bare the thought of a wax though..seems so painful!!

    louisejoyb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stu said that I should buy mens razors but really are they that different? x

      Delete
  5. Delighted that I found your site, fantastic info. I will
    bookmark and try to visit more frequently.


    dovo straight razor



    ReplyDelete